40 Ways to Use WD-40: Tip-of-the-Day #154
USE A PRODUCT YOU ALREADY OWN TO ADDRESS OTHERWISE- COSTLY FIXES
You may not know that simple household items like vinegar (a recent post) and WD-40 could have so many useful benefits...but here are just a few of the fabulous ways you can use WD-40 to save money along with your walls, floors, car grill...and more!
1. Protects silver from tarnishing.
2. Removes road tar and grime from cars.
3. Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
4. Gives floors that 'just-waxed' sheen without making them slippery.
5. Keeps flies off cows.
6. Restores and cleans chalkboards.
7. Removes lipstick stains.
8. Loosens stubborn zippers.
9. Untangles jewelry chains.
10. Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11. Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12. Keeps ceramic/terracotta garden pots from oxidizing.
13. Removes tomato stains from clothing.
14. Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
15. Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16. Keeps scissors working smoothly.
17. Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes.
18. Removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor (or wood floors).
19. Swiftly removes dead bugs off of a car's grill and bumper.
20. Gives a children's playground gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
21. Lubricates gear shift and mower deck lever for ease of handling on riding mowers.
22. Rids kids rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises.
23. Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open.
24. Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25. Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, as well as vinyl bumpers.
26. Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27. Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28. Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for easy handling.
29. Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly.
30. Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31. Removes splattered grease on stove.
32. Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33. Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34. Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35. Removes all traces of duct tape.
36. Relieves arthritis pain (spray it on the affected area).
37. Protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements (thus can also protect any sculptures or outdoor furniture).
38. WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a little on live bait or lures.
39. Takes the sting of bug bites away immediately and stops the itch.
40. WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray on the mark and wipe with a clean rag.
Little known fact: The basic ingredient in WD-40 is FISH OIL!